Comment on page
How to Create Lookalike Audiences
The universal way to expand the reach of your campaign to people that are similar to the ones you are already converting.
A Lookalike Audience is a group of people likely to be interested in your business because they're similar to your best existing customers.
When you create a Lookalike Audience, you choose a source audience (such as a Custom Audience created with your Facebook pixel or fans of your Facebook page). Facebook then identifies the common qualities of the people in it.
There are two steps to creating a Lookalike Audience in the service.
- 1.Creating or importing the Custom Audience that will be the source audience
- 2.Creating the Lookalike Audience
A general rule of thumb: if the source audience can be created in the service, you can create the Lookalike Audience without having to import the Custom Audience in from Facebook Ads Manager.
You can use any of the following sources as a Source Audience for a Lookalike:
- Facebook Page Likes
- Customer List (aka your Email Subscribers, etc.)
- Website Traffic (also includes Facebook Pixel Events)
- Video Viewers
- Lead Form
- Fullscreen Experience
- Facebook Page Engagers
- Instagram Business Profile
A guide to building Custom Audiences based on each source is provided in the service.
To recap, there are two ways to build a Lookalike Audience in Eventbrite:
- 1.Using the Facebook Custom Audience Lookalike Audience Template
- 2.Using the service Audience Template that automatically includes building a Lookalike Audience
Let's start with the first method—using the Facebook Custom Audience Lookalike Audience Template.
After building a Custom Audience for a source audience, click on Add New or Change Template during the ad campaign creation process in the service. Then, click Facebook, followed by Facebook Custom Audience Lookalike. From there, select the Custom Audience you'd like to use as a source audience in the Template Options section:
The service's Audience Builder feature includes multiple Lookalike Audience audience templates.
Most of them do not require that you build a Custom Audience as a source audience ahead of time. If they do, you'll be able to quickly select the source audience in the Template Options section.
Some of these options include:
- Facebook Page Likes Lookalike
- Lookalike of People Who Engaged with Your Facebook Page
- Pixel Event Lookalike Audience
- Website Visitors Lookalike Audience
- and more
Here's an example of how you would build the Facebook Page Likes Lookalike Audience:
Click on Add New or Change Template during the ad campaign creation process in the service. Then, click Facebook, followed by Facebook Page Likes Lookalike. From there, select the Facebook Page you'd like to use as a source audience in the Template Options section: