Comment on page
How to Create a Social Unlock
A step-by-step walkthrough on how to create a Social Unlock in Eventbrite Boost
It's easy to create a Social Unlock to acquire data about your ideal customer, build your email list, and gain insights into your audience.
Select the type of item you'd like people to unlock—exchanging any kind of download for a social action of your choice that you'll set up a little later. You have four options:
- Get people to unlock a downloadable file
- Get people to unlock a coupon code or discount
- Get people to unlock a secret link (webpage or app)
- Get people to unlock a stream (YouTube video)
The second menu will allow you to fill in the basic details for your social unlock:
- If you have a webpage, SoundCloud Track URL, Spotify URL, or YouTube Video URL, you can use the Quick Setup URL feature to automatically get the details to set up your unlock page. (Optional)
- Customize title
- Download description (Optional)
- Unlock Button CTA Text
- Featured Image
- Audio Preview (Optional/If Applicable)
Choose the actions you'd like fans to perform to unlock your offer.
For a Single Unlock, fans will have to perform a single action of your choice to unlock your content.
For a Multiple Unlock, fans will have to perform one of few options selected. Check Require fans to perform ALL actions to perform all selected actions to unlock your content.
To provide the best experience for fans, a maximum of two platforms are allowed.
This the file that people will be able to download after they complete the unlock steps in your campaign.
Here you can also customize the look and feel of your landing page and unlock steps.
- Select a theme: Choose between a light or dark color scheme.
- Button Color
- Background Image
- Personal Message
- Email Capture Form
- Facebook Pixel ID to track conversions on Facebook
- Social Links
Embed your campaign as a widget directly on your website. Lasso makes it easy for you to neatly embed your campaign on any website and quickly increase engagement.
Promote this landing page with a Facebook & Instagram Ad campaign. Paid Social Ads will build you the perfect ad campaign to put your new landing page in front of your audience, find new fans, and drive more engagement, all for less than $2 a day.
After you've double-checked everything and created a Campaign Name, press Launch Campaign and you're good to go!
If you’d like to organize your social unlocks, you can create tags for them.